GST-Ready Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.4 is here!
The latest version under Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 series is Release 6.4, launched on 23rd February, 2018.
Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.4 addresses three key areas of GST compliance and an important enhancement in Cess ledgers. Below are the highlights.
Update in GSTR-1 as per changes made by GSTN
On February 20, GSTN made changes in the GSTR-1 Excel Offline Utility Tool and JSON format. Within a short time, these changes have been incorporated in Tally.ERP 9 Rel 6.4 to ensure that you can file GSTR-1 easily and without any hassles. If you are fiilng GSTR-1 on a monthly basis, then for the month of January, the last date of filing is March 10th.
Manage e-Way Bills using Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.4
Watch video: Generate e-Way Bills using Tally.ERP 9
- When you create the invoice before transporting goods, Tally.ERP 9 captures all the necessary details required to capture e-Way Bill. You need not re-enter these details in the e-Way Bill portal again. Just export the invoice in JSON format and upload to the portal for generating e-Way Bill.
- Enter e-Way Bill Number (EBN) in its corresponding invoice, print the invoice and hand it over to the transporter.
- You can export JSON file for a single invoice or for multiple invoices together in one go.
- If the mode of transport, vehicle no., place of supply and State are same for a given set of invoices, you can group invoices accordingly and generate a single JSON file for a consolidated e-Way Bill. But first, you must generate e-Way Bills for each invoice as a prerequisite.
- Tally.ERP 9 identifies invoices for which e-Way Bills are yet to be generated. You can add, modify, delete, consolidate and track e-Way Bills against invoices.
- You can generate e-Way Bills on behalf of your supplier or transporter; or in cases of purchases made from unregistered dealers; and also for credit notes, delivery notes and receipt notes as well.
GST Compliance for Composite Dealers
- Define the applicable flat tax rate for your business at the company level. Tally.ERP 9 applies the rate on your taxable turnover and calculates tax liability accordingly.
- Tally.ERP 9 calculates tax on purchases made from registered dealers and allocates it to your purchase cost. It lets you account tax liability on advance payments and purchases made under reverse charge.
- As a composite dealer, you can generate ‘Bill of Supply’ for your sales as per GST format.
- You can directly export GSTR-4 in JSON format and upload it to the GST portal.
If you are a composite dealer already using Tally.ERP 9, and if you have changed the settings from Regular Dealer to Composite Dealer, please refer the instructions given here
Enhancement in CessIn Release 6.4, you can now create Cess Ledgers based on quantity and value of the item. Cess will get bifurcated accordingly and shown in the invoice and tax analysis reports. The printed invoice will show the bifurcation.
Please read our latest blog post on Why you Should Update to Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.4