GST-Ready Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.4.2 is here!
The latest version under Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 series is Release 6.4.3, launched on 24th May, 2018.
NIC introduced new feature ‘Ship From’ and ‘Ship To’ in e-Way Bills and mandated these details on 23rd May. Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.4.3 supports these changes. You can generate JSON files directly from Tally.ERP 9 or use the latest e-Way Bill JSON Preparation Tool Ver 1.0.0501 to generate e-Way Bills using Release 6.4.3.
Below are the highlights of Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 series.
Enhanced features for managing e-Way Bills
As per the latest directive from GST Council, e-Way Bills are required for the movement of taxable goods worth more than Rs.50,000. Tally.ERP 9 gives you the flexibility to choose between invoice value, taxable and exempt goods value or taxable goods value as part of the threshold amount of Rs.50,000.
Tally.ERP9 also shows which details are missing in the invoice for the purpose of generating e-Way Bills.
File GSTR-4 as per latest changes
Tally.ERP 9 supports the latest changes made in GSTR-4 Offline Tool Version 2.2.
Flexibility to manage differences in GSTR-1 transactions
As per the latest changes made by GSTN, tax amounts can be of any value (The restriction of tax amount = taxable value*tax rate is removed).
- In case tax amounts are not equal to the computed tax amounts (taxable value*rate), Tally.ERP9 will treat such transactions as Mismatches by default. You can resolve these differences by adjusting amounts before filing GSTR-1.
- If you don’t prefer to individually adjust the mismatches in tax amounts, Tally.ERP9 will do it for you.In GSTR-1, press F12 > Allow tax differences upto and choose the option as per your preference.
Automatic rounding off invoice amountsCreate a Round off Ledger and select Invoice Rounding as the type of ledger. While creating invoice and upon selecting this ledger, Tally.ERP9 will auto calculate the difference value.
Supports latest changes in Payroll as per Finance Bill 2018You can now compute salaries of employees as per the latest budgetary changes introduced in Finance Bill 2018. Tally.ERP9 supports the reintroduction of standard deduction, new tax slabs for health and education cess, changes in medical reimbursement and transport allowance, and benefits for senior citizens.
Manage e-Way Bills using Tally.ERP 9When you create the invoice before transporting goods, Tally.ERP 9 captures all the necessary details required to capture e-Way Bill. You need not re-enter these details in the e-Way Bill portal again. Just export the invoice in JSON format and upload to the portal for generating e-Way Bill.
- Enter e-Way Bill Number (EBN) in its corresponding invoice, print the invoice and hand it over to the transporter.
- You can export JSON file for a single invoice or for multiple invoices together in one go.
- If the mode of transport, vehicle no., place of supply and State are same for a given set of invoices, you can group invoices accordingly and generate a single JSON file for a consolidated e-Way Bill. But first, you must generate e-Way Bills for each invoice as a prerequisite.
- Tally.ERP 9 identifies invoices for which e-Way Bills are yet to be generated. You can add, modify, delete, consolidate and track e-Way Bills against invoices.
- You can generate e-Way Bills on behalf of your supplier or transporter; or in cases of purchases and also for credit notes, delivery notes and receipt notes as well.