GST-Ready Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2 is here!
The latest version under Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 series is Release 6.2, which was launched on 29th October, 2017.
Just like the previous versions, Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2 is built for the benefit of both GSTPs and business owners Following are the core capabilities:
Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2 is packed with rich capabilities for quick and easy filing of GSTR-2. It simplifies the complex process of invoice matching and gives the flexibility to include missing purchase invoices to claim rightful Input Tax Credit.
- Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2 generates GSTR-2 in JSON directly which is the accepted format in the GSTN portal.
Easy to reconcile
- Download GSTR-2 from GSTN portal. Open it in Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2. Select Yes to Update reconciliation of invoice status The status of all the matching invoices gets Accepted within seconds. You only have to Modify or Reject the remaining invoices from a single screen. This can save time for both business owners and GSTPs.
Invoice matching as per the need
- GSTINs of suppliers can be sorted or filtered based on invoice value, number of invoices, taxable value and invoices of a specific amount to get different overviews. GSTPs and business owners can use these views to expedite the invoice matching process.
Add invoices not available in GSTR-2
- You don’t want to miss your rightful Input Tax Credit! You can now add missing purchases, and invoices of imports and reverse chargeable services which will not be available in the GSTR-2 downloaded from the GSTN portal, to claim Input Tax Credit.
Update books with only changed invoices
- Before invoice matching, select Yes to Mark changed vouchers in F11 > Accounting Features. Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2 marks all vouchers in which changes are made. GSTPs can export this data as an XML file to their clients for updating books after the completion. Business owners who are on Release 6.2 can import this file from Gateway of Tally > Import Data > Vouchers and update their books.
Prompt supplier action and get status
- GSTPs can take prints or send reports of missing, mismatching, under or over-rated invoices in GSTR-2 to their clients by email. Business owners can inform their suppliers about the discrepancies and together take immediate steps to reconcile. They can also find out instantly how many invoices are actioned upon or are pending.
Export JSON of GSTR-1
- GSTPs can directly generate GSTR-1 in JSON and upload it in the GSTN portal, and save time by not having to use the offline utility tool for this. GSTR-1 filing is due next month.
Watch this video to learn How to file GSTR-2 using Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2
Read our blog post Eliminate all GSTR-2 Filing Problems with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.2