35th GST Council meeting updates: Key Pointers
Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman held 35th GST Council Meeting 3 months after the 34th council meeting. This was the first time that the meeting was held after BJP came back into power. There were a number of decisions that were taken by the GST Council to bring about some changes in the Indian economy. Below are the key highlights from the 35th GST Council Meeting held on June 21, 2019 in New Delhi.
|Return Period||Large Taxpayer (> 5 Crore)||Small Taxpayer|
|July to Sep 2019||Trial Period for Annx-1 and Annx-2GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B is applicable||Trial Period for Annx-1 and Annx-2GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B is applicable|
|October 2019||Annx-1 is mandatoryGSTR-3B is applicable||Annx-1 is applicable – To be filed for OND in Jan 2020PMT-08 to be filed with paymentGSTR-3B is NOT applicable|
|November 2019||Annx-1 is mandatoryGSTR-3B is applicable||Annx-1 is applicable – To be filed for OND in Jan 2020PMT-08 to be filed with paymentGSTR-3B is NOT applicable|
|December 2019||Annx-1 is mandatoryRET-01 for Dec to be filed in Jan 2020||Annx-1 is applicable – To be filed for OND in Jan 2020GSTR-3B is NOT applicable|
|January 2020||RET-01 for December 2019Annx-1 is mandatory||RET-01 for OND 2019Annx-1 to be uploaded for OND 2019|
|Form Annx-2 is allowed for viewing from October 2019 but no action allowed in October-November 2019.|
GST Return Filing Updates:
- Annual return filing date (GSTR-9/9A/9C) extended till 31st August 2019.
- Last date to file Form ITC_04 related to job work for period from July 2017 to June 2019 is extended till 31st August 2019.
- After 21st August (earlier it was 21st June 2019), generation of e-way bill will be blocked if 2 consecutive returns are not filed.
- Last date for opting of composition scheme for services has been extended to 31st July 2019.
- E-invoicing to be introduced phase-wise, Phase-1 is proposed to be voluntary and starts from Jan 2020.
- Tenure of National anti-profiteering agency extended by 2 years till 2021
- Registration process will be simplified by using Aadhar back bone.