Bulk Consolidated E-way Bill – Generating, Cancelling & Updating
In our previous blogs, we have discussed about consolidated e-way bills, understanding how to generate, cancel and print them as well as how to update the vehicle number. In this blog, we will show you how to manage bulk consolidated e-way bills.
Bulk consolidated E-way bill generation on the E-way bill portal
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Enter your User Name and Password, then the Captcha Code, and then click “Login”, as shown in the picture below:
- On successful authentication of your credentials, the main menu of the e-way bill portal will open up as shown below:
- On the left hand side of the main menu of the e-way bill portal, click the option “Consolidated EWB”
- Click the sub-option “Generate Bulk”
- On doing so, you will see the following screen:
- Click “Choose File” to browse for the JSON file containing the details to be included in your e-way bills, and then click “Upload & Generate”
- On doing so, the portal will process your request. If there is an error, it will show up on the “Error Description” field. If all is in order, you will be able to generate your bulk e-way bill, as shown below:
- You can now cut and paste the results from this grid into your system and use them as per your requirement
Now, similar to generating, bulk e-way bills, there is a set process to obtain JSON file for bulk consolidated e-way bill generation as well. Let’s discuss that in detail.
Obtaining JSON file for bulk consolidated E-way bills
The JSON file which you need to upload, can be created in 2 ways:
- Using Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Format File
- Using Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Preparation Tool
Both the Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Format File and the Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Preparation Tool, are available for download from the e-way bill portal, as shown below:
- Log on to ewaybill.nic.in
- Click on the “How To Use” tab
- Click on “Tools”
- Click on “Bulk Generation Tools”
- Once you do that, you will see the following page opening, which includes a host of bulk generation attributes & tools:
Using Consolidated E-way bill JSON format file
If you are someone who is comfortable with working on JSON files, you may go for this option.
- In the page shown above, click “Consolidated E-waybill JSON Format”
- Once you do this, a webpage will open up. You need to right-click, choose “Save As”, and save the file on your system. The file will get downloaded on your system as a JSON file.
- In the page shown above, click “Consolidated E-waybill Attributes”. An excel sheet will be downloaded, which will include the consolidated e-way bill JSON format, parameters and master codes, which will help you fill the JSON file with the right details of your request.
- While a single JSON file with multiple requests are allowed, it is recommended that you prepare the JSON file with a maximum of 200 requests to avoid uploading challenges.
- Finally, validate all the parameters of your request, as per the format, codes and interlinked values before preparing your final JSON file, which you can then upload as discussed above.
Using Consolidated E-way Bill JSON Preparation Tool
If you are more comfortable working with excel sheets, you may go for this option.
- In the page shown above, click “Consolidated E-waybill JSON Preparation”
- Once you do this, an excel sheet will be downloaded, which will include a welcome note, a bulk consolidated e-way bill form, master codes, and a sample consolidated e-way bill.
- In the 2nd sheet named “e-way bill”, which is basically the bulk consolidated EWB form – you can fill in the details of your request, and once you are done, you can click “Validate”. Once the validation is done, you can then click “Prepare JSON”, and obtain your JSON file, which you can then upload as discussed above.
While both options of bulk consolidated EWB generation are seamless, the JSON Preparation Tool will give you a greater ability to verify what you have keyed in, compared to working on the JSON Format File. However, similar to bulk e-way bills, both methods will help you to quickly generate bulk consolidated e-way bills.