Generate GST e-Invoice Instantly in TallyPrime
What is e-invoicing?
E-invoicing is the process of uploading all your B2B transactions (Sales, Credit Note and Debit Notes made to businesses including all types of exports) on the IRP (invoice registration portal) for the purpose of authentication or registration. Once authenticated, the IRP will issue a unique IRN (Invoice reference number) for every invoice. This IRN will need to be converted to a QR code along with other invoice info and printed on the face of the invoice for it to be considered valid. Not only this, for applicable transactions, e-way bill nos. will need to be generated simultaneously along with e-invoices.
E-invoice solution in TallyPrime
For businesses to have a smooth transition to the e-invoicing system, it is extremely imperative that your business management software is integrated with the IRP portal. As you may be aware, Tally is a recognized GSP (GST Suvidha Provider) and thus, TallyPrime uses the GSP route to communicate directly with the IRP.
- You can send your invoices through TallyPrime directly to the IRP
- Once they are authenticated by the IRP, TallyPrime will receive the IRN directly from the IRP and convert it into a QR code along with other invoice info and update your invoices accordingly.
- You can then simply print the QR code on your invoice. IRN can also be printed optionally.
- TallyPrime will also help generate e-way bill number for applicable transactions and record it in your invoice by receiving the info directly from the IRP.
Therefore, you will never need to go out of the product for e-invoicing!
How to Generate e-Invoice Instantly in TallyPrime?
Generating e-invoice with TallyPrime is extremely simple. With a one-time setup you can start generating and printing e-invoices within seconds. You wouldn’t need to change the way you work at all as TallyPrime adapts to your working style and gives you the flexibility to generate reports your way, in just 3 steps: Enable, record and print.
- First, enable e-invoicing applicable to ‘Yes’. Make E-way bill also to ‘Yes’, if applicable
- Record/pass a voucher entry like you usually do in Tally with all the relevant information and as soon as you accept the screen, you will be intimated with a message asking if you want to generate an e-invoice. The moment you select ‘Yes’, TallyPrime will exchange the relevant data with the IRP system and soon all the transaction details will be automatically updated on the IRP
- Below is the final e-invoice which you will receive along with the unique QR code and IRN.
e-Invoicing solution that adapts to your needs completely
We understand that this is a completely new experience and you will take time to get used to it. Moreover, you may be faced with different situations while needing to comply with e-invoicing norms. TallyPrime has therefore made the product extremely flexible so that the process is convenient and adapts to your comfort.
- You can either generate e-invoice during voucher entry for a transaction or you could do this in bulk for multiple invoices together. TallyPrime will adapt to your preference
- It is quite possible that the system you normally use to generate e-invoice may get disconnected from the internet. In such a case, TallyPrime will help you handle the situation by exporting e-invoice related data in the form of a JSON file. This can then be uploaded to the IRP from a system which has an internet connection. Once connection is restored, you will be able to proceed from where you left off
- Even if the IRP rejects your invoice, TallyPrime will intimate you about the reasons so that you can make necessary revisions and try again.
e-Invoice report to get a bird’s-eye view
TallyPrime also comes with an exclusive report which will give you a complete view of the status of your transactions with respect to e-invoicing.
- Get to know the e-invoice status (generated / pending / cancelled)
- Generate / cancel IRN for applicable invoices
- Manually override status of invoices (generated / cancelled / update IRN etc.)
- You can also delete stored IRN information including QR code and start afresh if required.
Always remain in control of e-invoicing process with useful alerts
- Alerts will be available in multi-user scenarios to prevent redundancy and ensure that the latest data is shared with the e-invoice portal
- Alerts will also help safeguard against accidental modification/deletion/cancellation of IRN generated for particular transactions