Experience GST-Ready Release
Tally.ERP 9 Release 6, our GST-ready software comes with capabilities such as:
- Quick setup of your GST details so that your business can start without any delay
- Support for GST billing and all GST transactions for your business
- Easy detection and correction of errors for hassle-free tax return filing
- Seamless export of GST returns to Microsoft Excel so you can upload returns or share them with your CA or tax practitioner
Download and install Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 for GST. It will just take a few minutes, as always.
The latest version under Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 series is Release 6.1.1, which was launched on 9th October, 2017.
To download the latest release Click Here..
Happy to announce Tally.ERP 9 Release 6.1.1 which further enhances your filing experience, based on your feedback. In addition, Release 6.1.1 also incorporates key points from the most recent GST Council meeting.
Per the law:
● Reverse charge mechanism under section 9(4) of CGST / section 5(4) of IGST Act suspended till 31.03.2018.
● By default, Release 6.1.1 does not consider reverse charges liabilities into the returns. Use Enable tax liability on reverse charge under F11: Statutory & Taxation to consider reverse charge liability.
● No need to pay GST at the time of receipt of advances on sale of goods for taxpayers with turnover up to Rs. 1.5 Cr.
● By default, Release 6.1.1 does not consider taxes on advances received. For businesses with more than Rs. 1.5 Cr aggregate turnover, use Enable Tax liability on advance receipts under F11: Statutory & Taxation to consider tax on advances received.
With Release 6.1.1 you can look forward to,
● Better GST billing experience: Specify the discount value for each item in the invoice, and the discount value is considered as part of the assessable value of an item. Cash sales are considered as local sales by default now. Your cash transactions will be much faster and error free.
● Improved GSTIN validation: Tally.ERP 9 validates the party GSTIN (as required by the GSTN portal) when you create a party or export GSTR-1. This helps avoid invoice rejection on the GSTN portal due to incorrect party GSTIN.
● Deeper GST insights for your outward supplies: Do more with your GSTR-1 report. The Return Format view gives you the list of tables in the GSTR-1 return, and this is similar to the view in the offline tool. Drill down from each line to view a replica of what will appear in the GSTN portal. The Summary view gives you a nature of transaction-wise view, with an option to detail it out rate-wise for further analysis.
● Better control of round-off mismatches: We have introduced an option in F12: Configure to define the band for round-off limit for mismatches. With this, you can choose to ignore mismatches in tax calculation that occur due to minor round-off differences, up to a specific amount. Fewer mismatches to resolve means lesser work.
● Enhanced GSTR-1 export capabilities
● If you are using compound units of measurement in Tally.ERP 9, you will be happy to know that you can now map UQC to either units of measurement. Therefore, you will have a more accurate HSN summary in your GSTR-1 e-Return.
● Option to enable or disable HSN Summary to choose if you want to export or ignore the HSN Summary for GSTR-1 filing.
● Option to view the HSN Summary by HSN, or description, or both as per business needs.
● Now the docs sheet is also filled in the exported MS Excel to give you a complete GSTR-1 e-filing experience. You need to copy the values from the docs and exemp sheet to the GSTN portal.
● If you are creating a party ledger for an Embassy or a UN Body, you can select the party type as Embassy/UN Body.
● If you are creating a company or a party ledger for a Society, Club, Trust, or AOP, you can enter numbers or alphabets as the last 3 characters while entering the GSTIN/UIN.
● You can enter the discount percentage or amount for each stock item in the invoice by enabling the option Activate cash/trade discount? in the invoice configuration. The total discount amount will be displayed against the discount ledger.
● While recording a sales invoice in the data migrated from Release 5.x to 6.x, the cursor moved to the Reference field. This occurred if you created a new stock item immediately after selecting the first stock item, or if you changed the invoice date. This issue is resolved.
● While recording a POS invoice, you can change GST details using Allow modification of tax details in GST? in the configuration screen.
● We fixed an issue where the buyer’s address was not printed properly when the company logo and consignee details were printed, in a tax invoice.
● In a sales invoice, if you tracked the delivery note recorded before July 1 2017, the GSTN/UIN of the party disappeared in the Party Detailsscreen. This issue is resolved.
● You can print invoices with your company state name and code.
● If you used a discount ledger, GST was calculated incorrectly in a sales invoice. This issue is resolved.
● View export or import details in Export Invoices – 6A drill-down report of GSTR-1, and Import of Goods – 5 drill-down report of GSTR-2. You can also view these details in the columnar registers by enabling the options Show shipping details?/Show bill of entry details? and Show port code?.
● We have fixed an issue where the tax amount in the sales invoice was incorrect, as additional expenses were apportioned to both goods and services. This occurred if the sales invoice was created using a foreign currency.
● If a party ledger was not selected in cash sales, all cash transactions appeared as exceptions due to the unavailability of state name and code. Now, the company state name and code are considered for cash sales.
● In a sales invoice, the Rate was calculated incorrectly when the Rate (Inc. of Tax) exceeded the lower limit of the last slab rate defined for the stock item. This issue is resolved.
● When you printed a POS invoice with GST analysis of items on a 3.1 x 11.6 inch sheet, the names of fields and columns were compressed. This issue is resolved.
● The Default title to print defined in the sales voucher type did not appear if the sales invoice was exported to PDF or MS Excel, and the page height and width were altered.
● You can now print the GST analysis of items with integrated tax liability on the invoices recorded for exports under LUT/bond.
● When a GST accounting invoice was printed, the tax ledgers also appeared in the numbered format in the Sl.No. column. This issue is resolved.
● We have fixed an issue where the stock item value displayed in the sales invoice was exclusive of tax even if it was set to include tax amount in the item value. This was observed when you selected a nil-rated/exempt stock item first, and then selected the taxable item in the invoice, and if multiple godowns were enabled.
● In export sales, if the party had multiple mailing details, the transaction appeared as an exception in GSTR-1 since state tax and central tax were calculated instead of IGST.
● We fixed an issue where the company’s GSTIN/UIN was printed even if Print company’s GSTIN/UIN? was disabled in the printing configuration. This occurred when the secondary address of the company was selected during printing.
● In an invoice for a stock item predefined with cess Based on Value and Quantity, the cess value was calculated incorrectly if you entered the rate inclusive of tax for the stock item. This issue is resolved.
● We fixed an issue where the cess value in an invoice was calculated incorrectly if the stock item quantity was entered in decimals. This was observed if the stock item was measured in compound units, and the cess calculation was Based on Value and Quantity.
● In the printed sales invoice, the LUT/Bond No. was compressed when it was more than 5 digits. This issue is resolved.
● When you printed an interstate purchase order, the state code of the supplier appeared instead of your state code. This occurred if the option Allow separate buyer and consignee names? was enabled in the invoice configuration. This issue is resolved.
● The cess rate was suffixed with the symbol % in the Tax Analysis of a sales invoice for a stock item predefined for cess on quantity. This occurred when common sales ledger was used, and the option to modify the GST rates in the invoice was enabled. This issue is resolved.
● The GSTIN did not appear in the neat mode of the printed invoice when the options to print the company name and address were disabled in the Report Titles (T: Titling) of the Voucher Printing screen. This issue is resolved.
● The option Is ineligible for input credit? did not appear in the GST Details screen while recording the journal voucher. This issue is resolved.
● On tracking a sales order in the sales invoice, the state name of the buyer appeared for the consignee. This occurred if the sales order had different party names in the party ledger, and in the field Despatch To of the Party Details screen. This issue is resolved.
● In a purchase invoice, the value of the expense was deducted from the assessable value instead of being added to it. As a result, the tax amounts were calculated incorrectly. This occurred if the expense ledger was predefined to apportion the value of goods based on quantity. This issue is resolved.
● While recording transactions with unregistered dealers, the cursor was moving to the GSTIN/UIN field in the Party Details screen. This issue is resolved.
● In a POS invoice, the tax values were not calculated as per the slab rates after entering Rate (Incl. of Tax) for the stock item. This issue is resolved.
● If you printed an invoice with buyer and consignee details, the buyer’s address was not clear if the address exceeded four lines. This issue is resolved.
● If you selected cash ledger in a sales invoice and then select a party in the Party Details screen, the GSTIN/UIN and GST Registration Type did not appear in the invoice. This issue is resolved.
● The statement of endorsement is now printed below the invoice title for an SEZ sales.
● The Sl. No. column was blank when an advance receipt voucher was printed. This issue is resolved.
● You can view the contact details and e-mail ID of the party in the Party Ledger level correction report.
● Use the new report Advance Payments – Tax Liability to know the amount of advance payments made or reversed in a period. You can create or reverse the liability accordingly.
● You can view the GST Information of a stock item in the Stock Query report.
● You will notice an increase in the speed while opening GST Rate Setup.
● Incorrect quantity was displayed in HSN/SAC Summary of GSTR-1 for stock items using compound units as the unit of measurement. This is fixed.
● When the stock items with the same HSN/SAC, description, and unit quantity code, but a different unit of measurement, the details displayed was based on the unit of measurement in the HSN/SAC Summary in GSTR-1. This issue is resolved.
● If you record an advance receipt voucher with the party ledger with multiple addresses, and export GSTR-1 in MS Excel or CSV format, the party state code appears based on the address type selected in the voucher.
● You will notice an increase in the speed while opening GSTR-1 and its drill down reports.
● GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 reports can now be viewed for the previous month based on the last date of voucher entry.
● Decimal values in tax amounts differed between GSTR-1 and an invoice, if the invoice had four or more stock items, and Allow entry of rate inclusive of tax for stock item? was enabled in the invoice configuration. This is fixed.
● We support GSTR-2 report as per the latest format provided by the GST department.
● New reports for Purchase of Reverse Charge Supplies – Reverse Charge Liability and Import of Service – Reverse Charge Liability that represent the tax liability are provided. You can view them from GSTR-2.
● We have fixed an issue where the central and state tax were doubled for a URD purchase in the GSTR-2 report. This was observed when you increased the tax liability and then claim the tax credit.
● View the breakup of transaction values based on the tax rates in the detailed Summary View of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2.
● Based on the e-filing requirement of GSTR-2, validations have been provided in the GSTR-2 report, to capture transactions that do not have the required details in the Incomplete/mismatch in information section.
● You can view the supplier invoice number, and the date of each transaction in the drill-down reports of GSTR-2.
● View the net values of URD purchases such as taxable (less than Rs. 5000), exempt, and nil rated in the Nil Rated Invoices – 7 table of GSTR-2.
● In the drill-down reports of GSTR-2, now you can view the party-wise reports with GSTIN-wise breakup.
● The tax liability recorded for URD purchases exceeding Rs. 5000 will appear in the B2BUR Invoices – 4B drill down report of GSTR-2.
● In the GSTR-2 report, the total invoice value (taxable value + tax amount) now appears for a purchase transaction involving TDS.
● In the MS Excel file generated for GSTR-3B, the values did not appear in the relevant columns due to incorrect alignment. This issue is resolved.
● You will no longer see the error Failed to open input file capsule 41293-00001.cap while printing GSTR-3B report.
● We have fixed an issue where the party contact details did not appear in the Party Details screen of a sales invoice, if the sales invoice was created by duplicating a receipt voucher.
● We have fixed an issue where the amount against the receipt voucher did not appear in the Group Outstanding report when the report was viewed bill-wise in detailed mode.
● Upgrade to Release 6.1.1 and you will no longer see the error Debug location, ID:XXXX Duplicated in the company while accessing Tally.ERP 9 data.
● Fixed an issue where the Net Profit/Loss was appearing incorrectly in the Job Work Analysis report. This occurred when an expense ledger had a credit balance, or an income ledger had a debit balance. To indicate the negative balance, a minus sign (-) is now prefixed to the amount in these ledgers.
● When you exported GSTR-1 to MS Excel, the file displayed the $ symbol in place of transaction details if your Microsoft Office was unregistered. This issue is resolved.
● If you printed a sales invoice from the display mode, additional columns appeared in the printed invoice. This occurred when you disabled the option Print discount column? in Invoice Printing Configuration and enabled the option Use separate discount column in invoices in Inventory Features.
● We have fixed an issue where the captions Consignee and Buyer were not printed in the invoice (from the display mode). This was observed when the option Print company logo? was enabled.
● If you printed a sales invoice in the dot matrix format, some of the information did not appear. This issue is resolved.
● While recording a Manufacturing Journal using remote access, a negative stock warning message appeared even if stock was available. This issue is resolved.
● For remote clients, the GSTIN/UIN of the company did not appear when you printed the invoice from the display mode. This issue is resolved.